April 6, 2012

Thoughts

Yesterday we had the opportunity to watch some of our goods friends kids while they ran a 5K... 
YAY go Jake & Megan!!
Kepu had to leave for school so it ended up being me with two 5 year olds, one 3 year old, and two 1 year old.... It was a packed house with crazy kids running around and I LOVED every moment of it! Kj, Ryder, and Emma did their thing while the two one year old Tessa and Nafe just walked around the house finding things to get into/ put in their mouth. After feeding all the kids we got out some games and somehow all five kids sat down and played them with me! I was seriously amazed that despite the age difference such a simple game could bring them all together. After play Eggspert for a little bit I turned on the Xbox and had the kids play Just Dance 3 (best way to get energy out of kids that have too much energy :)! ). Oh boy was it entertaining watching all the kids (including the two babies) do the dance moves, which was a mixture of what the game was wanting them to do and their own personal moves. I think I learned some new moves that day... not like I'd tried them for fear I'd pull a muscle or something.. heheh
The moment Kepu got home Tessa became a magnet to him. She didn't want him to put her down or leave his side... it was cute. I got a quick glimpse of what it may be like if we were to ever have another girl in the home. Once Megan came to pick-up the kids they were still dancing their little hearts out. After a couple more songs the Black family left.
All of a sudden KJ goes running to the door acting like they forgot something. Closing the door behind him he had the most disappointing look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and this was his replay as tears were streaming down his face...

"I didn't get to thank them for coming to my house and playing with me!"

Honestly both Kepu and I were annoyed that he was crying about something so little, but as I look back on it I feel bad for feeling this way. Kj has the most tender heart and for me to feel annoyed or get angry about it is unacceptable! I need to embrace Kj for being the way he is; special, unique, a blessing from heaven, and a child of God.

The best part about being a parent... well what I've learned so far.... is that my kids are here to teach me many things and one of those things is patience.  Both KJ and Nafe have show unconditional patience for Kepu and I as we figure out the parenting thing the least we can do is reciprocate the action. Another thing I've learned from my kids is that they will ALWAYS love me for me... the happy me, the sad me, the mean me, the anything me... and I need to do the same for them. 

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

I read this scripture from another blog and it brought me to tears! Love it and will now use it as Kepu and I try and figure out the parenting thing.

I love my two beautiful boys and would do anything for them! I need to make it a point in my life that when I'm frustrated and upset with them to stop and take a step back and remember... remember all the fun memories that we've shared, remember that having them in my life is a blessing, remember that they love me for me!

HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND EVERYONE! 

1 comment:

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

That was such a sweet post Lose! You're such a great mom! You and Kep were so kind and fun with our kids, thank you! We love you guys!!

simple